Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hanomag (Sdkfz 251) - Canvas Covers

Being lazy about putting sitting figures in my Hanomag's I decided to give them canvas covers..

I made up some small cardboard pieces and used some plastic bits and other cardboard pieces suitable shaped to make the 'hoops' ....
 each cardboard piece was then covered in some thin brown curtain lining material...
 when fixed on the covers were given a splosh of PVA, and when this was dry a light wash of tan brown; a most pleasing result...

3 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

Nice idea, and fairly quick to do I imagine. Another material I like to use for 'canvas' is tissue paper. With daubs of PVA it tends to 'hang' rather well. A bit fragile, though.

DaveM said...

Wow those look very effective.

Cheers, Dave

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Loike it
Brings a good variety to collections :)
Well done